Friday, May 08, 2009

10 Days in Southern California, Days 1 and 2

Woody went everywhere on this vacation. Here ther kids are on the airplane. It was one of those small turbo prop planes which made for a fun ride.




Helen took this picture of Grandpa Mike in his Chico State Grandpa shirt.
Another photo by Helen. This cake was delicious! Grandma made a yummy yellow cake and the kids frosted it 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 white.



I was stunned by the all the color when we arrived in Huntington Beach. In Boise, things are just beginning to thaw out and turn green. In Huntington Beach, color was everywhere! Helen took this picture of three little birds enjoying the fountain.





My mom and dad's friend from college, Ann, came by for a visit. It was so good to see her.




Here's Henry at a beautiful park in H.B. It was good to run around and get some exercise.



After the park, we went to the Bolsa Chica Wetlands Preserve. We were looking for fish, but we ended up noticing lots of interesting birds. When I was a kid, I used to ride my bike to the beach through this place, now it is a preserve so bikers have to take the long way around.


If there's something to climb on, Henry will be on it.






This bird kept swooping down by us. Once I took its picture, it finally flew away.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home