Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Kids' Club

On Saturday morning, Helen made 5 of these notes, stuffed them in envelopes, and put her friend's names on the outside. She rode around the neighborhood to deliver the notes... by herself!

We talked about being safe, looking and listening for cars, and she was to call me if any friends invited her into their houses to play. The total riding time took about 6 minutes, and I was kind of on edge until she came riding back up the driveway with a confident smile that was so worth it.

Five kids from our block came to the "meeting" which included chocolate chip cookies and some other snacks.
They had a great time playing, snacking, and just being kids.


They went around the kid's club in a circle, sharing things that they did this summer.

At about 5:oo, the meeting was adjourned. Time for me and the other moms to get dinner started. I'll let you know when the next get-together happens.
We are going camping in a yurt this weekend at Winchester Lake State Park. I'll post about that as soon as we get back.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home